Monday, August 4, 2008

Ewwwwwww

The last few days we have been finding mouse droppings around the airtanker base. So Jeff, my boss/duty officer set some traps. This morning I came in, checked the one trap and found it empty thank goodness.

I forgot about the other one.

I went over to the other Desk to drop off some papers and saw something out of the corner of my eye.

Upon closer inspection I found....yes. A dead mouse in a trap.

Here are my base log notes for the day:

0800: Erin on base
0822: Faxed out grounding times and fire behavior indicies
8030: Completed weather forecast millibar charts - faxed
0833: Checked aircraft U/S forms - T444 still unservicable - replaced by T452
0845: Found mouse dead in trap. I am NOT touching it.
0846: Still not touching it. Hoping not to get hanta virus
0847: Called Jeff (duty officer) - requested he come to base to dispose of mouse. He said no.
0848: Called Jeff again. Told him I'm not touching it. That if he doesn't get rid of it I might die - He said to send him a memo so he can shred it.
0849: Faxed daily fire stats to Av. Mgmt.
0850: Called Holly down from tanker base
0851: Holly won't touch it either. It's a pickle.
0910: Murray on base - requested he get rid of mouse. Murray said no. Reminded him I could die. He said it was nice knowing me.
0930: Feeling a bit faint. Perhaps the hanta is kicking in? Or maybe I'm hungry.
0942: Mouse still in trap. Still dead.
1000: Drew on base for day - requested he dispose of mouse.
1010: Mouse still dead. In trap. Drew searching for gloves.
1015: Mouse disposed of using plastic bags, a pencil and a paperclip.
1020: Feel dirty

As drew pointed out, at least it wasn't a rat. I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to spiders, snakes, bugs and dogs I'm fine. But mice turn me into the girliest girl ever.

6 comments:

Duncan said...

Follow Erin's link to my blog. I pity no on when it comes to mice. I had the ultimate mouse experience. I tasted 'mouth juice' on my palate for days. I would have looked after it for ya baby - tell those men they're wimpy.

Anonymous said...

Bwaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa....

Poor little Mickey....all he wanted was to be loved! LOL

joz said...

funny how both you and D-ro have dead mice on your blogs...

Erin said...

Ya, he just knows how cool I am and wanted to try to compete....

just a girl... said...

OMG that time line is cracking me up. I would have been out of there

Dreamer said...

I have a hamster, NO mouse traps, btw that mouse over there in your picture looked cute! Thank god I didn't see any blood!